Divorce, Separation, and Custody

Clear DV:

Assists with following cases: Criteria: Referral Process: Scheduling Appointment:
Civil issues stemming from domestic violence or sexual assault of you or your child.
  1. Victim of Domestic Violence
  2. Opposing party has attorney
  3. Low-Income
Referrals must be done by Domestic violence/Sexual assault advocate. Use provided referral form Once referral form is received, the client will be contacted to schedule an appointment.
Fees: Note*
None, service is free to low-income families in Washington State If a next-day appointment is not available, or there is an emergency and cannot wait for a callback, call the hotline at 1-888-201-1014

Franklin County Court Facilitator:

Assists with the following cases: Cannot assist with the following cases: Scheduling an appointment: Contact Information:
  • Divorce/legal separation
  • Family law motions
  • Child Support modifications
  • Restraining orders
  • Child relocation
  • Establishing a parenting plan
  • Parenting plan modification
  • Non-parental custody
  • Invalidity/Annulment
  • Paternity
  • Adoptions
  • Juvenile Dependency
  • Wills
  • Evictions
  • Traffic Citations
  • Guardianships
  • Bankruptcy
  • Probate
  • Name Change
  • Criminal Charges
  • Qualified Domestic Relations Order (QUADRO) for retirement accounts
Appointments must be made to access services; appointments must be scheduled in person at the county courthouse. Note that appointments are frequently booked for several months; make an appointment as early as possible. Franklin County Superior Court Clerk’s Office
Franklin County Courthouse
1016 N. 4th Avenue Room 306
Pasco, WA 99301
(509) 545-3525
Hours: Fees: Note*
M-F, 8AM-Noon, 1-4 PM First appointment is $25; any additional appointments on the same case are $15. Fees must be made at the time when an appointment is made, fees are non-refundable. If children are involved, appointment must be made in county children reside, otherwise appointment can be made in any county.

Benton-Franklin Legal Aid:

Services Provided: Legal Clinic: Contact Information: Hours:
  • Divorce legal clinics
  • Appointments available to assist in divorce paperwork
  • Divorce packets available for $25
Offered 3rd Tuesday of every Month. Fee is $10, waived for those under 200% FPL. Sign up must be done in person and paperwork filled out 418 N Kellogg
Kennewick, WA
(509) 734-9840
M,Tu,10-2, Wed by appointment only
Fees: Note*
If referred through NW Justice Project, some pro-bono services provided. If under 200% FPL, no fee for legal clinics. If over 200% FPL clinics cost $10. Clinics fill up quickly so sign up as soon as possible

Dispute Resolution Center:

Services: Criteria: Scheduling an appointment: Contact Information:
  • Mediation for families going through divorce
  • Changes in parenting plans after divorce
  • Clients who have legal case that is about to be filed or already filed
  • Families with no imminent danger issues
Call main office and speak to Rosemary to do an intake. Once intake is done she will be the contact between the 2 parties and will set up an appointment time that works for both parties. 5219 W. Clearwater Avenue – Suite 11
Kennewick, WA 99336
(509) 783-3325
Hours: Fees:
Mediation schedules are M-Th, 9AM-6PM, Friday 9AM $150 per party for a 3 hour session. Sliding scale fee for families with income <70,000. Fees must be paid at least 4 days before date of mediation.

Finding a Divorce Lawyer:

Where to find a lawyer: Lawyers’ Fees: Questions to ask:
  • Phone Book
  • Internet search
  • Talk to family/friends
  • Referral process through CLEAR – 1-888-201-1014
Lawyers can be very expensive, be aware of costs before moving forward with a lawyer. Some common costs include:

  • Consultation fee
  • Down payment
  • Hourly fee
  • Court costs
  • Etc.
  • What are their rates?
  • Do they offer payment plans?
  • Who long do they predict it will take to resolve?
  • Any other questions you can think of, ask them early on.

Division of Child Support:

Services: Criteria: Scheduling an appointment: Contact Information:
  • Set up the court-order and oversee payments for child support
  • Primary care giver of a child
  • You want to receive support for your children
Fill out an Application and mail it to:
Division of Child Support
Central Services
P.O. Box 11520
Tacoma, WA 98411-5520
For assistance visit the nearest field office at:
1120 N Edison,
Kennewick, WA 99336
M-F 8am-5pm
(509) 374-2000 or (800) 345-9981
%d bloggers like this: